05/30/2021 17:19 EST. All accounts on "bear" server have been transferred to new servers in new data center in Dallas, Texas. Old server has been disconnected. Old backups will be available until December 30th, 2022. You can request restore FREE of charge.
Thank you again for your patience during transfer/server upgrade!
We're currently moving accounts from BEAR server to new server. New server ID will be "DEER". Accounts will be moved one by one due to network issues in old data center in Dallas. We do not expect any downtime during transfer, however, some accounts may show "suspension" message during transfer. All accounts will be moved by May 30th, 2021.
Known issues during and after transfer:
1. Website produces 500 error or "internal server error". This error indicate that your scripts became outdated or obsolete. We've noticed that some customers still use old PHP 5.6. We did install it for your convenience but you must upgrade ASAP to avoid security breach! You cannot use PHP 5.6 in the future.
To fix 500 error temporarily, please login to cPanel then navigate PHP > MultiPHP > select 5.6 on the very bottom then "apply" to website or any subdomains you use. Please upgrade your scripts so they will be compatible with current PHP 7.4.
2. No incoming email. If you use dedicated MX protection, please contact us with list of domains. We'll update dedicated MX IP.
3. Website doesn't load at all (connection times out). Please check your DNS records. If you use own private DNS, IPs did change. Primary IP changed in 2019 and secondary in April 2021. Please contact us for two new IPs (please provide your name servers like ns1.westnic.net and ns2.westnic.net).
Our private DNS didn't change. You should always use our private DNS because DNS server IP do change every 3-5 years.
If you used "A" record with external DNS, please contact us for new IP address.
4. MySQL errors. Please contact us with specific error. We'll try to restore data base manually (after 04/17/2021) or check your script settings.
5. Website has been suspended. cPanel is transferring your website to new server. "Suspension" message will disappear once your website complete restoration procedure. Do not attempt to fix this error during transfer! To avoid account loss, give it some time to transfer (few hours).
6. SSL has expired. Please make sure that you use our DNS! All websites will be checked next night during regular maintenance. If your DNS not working, SSL will fail to install.
7. Cannot connect to email server. Please make sure that you're using mail.domain.com and correct secure ports:
If you still use Outlook 2006 and Outlook 2010, please consider upgrade. Windows 7 is no longer supported.
Thank you for your patience during transfer/server upgrade!