If you wish to register free private DNS like ns1.yourdomainhere.com and ns2.yourdomainhere.com at Godaddy or Wild West Domains, please follow simple instructions below.
1. Please request two FREE dedicated IPs for your private DNS. Once you receive them, please proceed with registration at domain registrar. Please note: you can't use name server IPs for any other purpose than DNS.
Example of valid IP request for private DNS:
Please assign two dedicated IPs for my future private DNS. I am going to use ns1.mydomainhere.com and ns2.mydomainhere.com. Thank you!
2. Login to Godaddy or Wild West Domains. You can login with customer number or username. If you need any assistance with Godaddy login, please contact them directly: 1-480-463-8386. If you need any assistance with Wild West Domains account (Godaddy reseller account), please call: 1-480-624-2500
2. Under "My Products" please select domain name where you wish to register host records or DNS then click "MANAGE" button.
3. Domain settings would appear. Please scroll down to "Additional Settings" then click on "Manage DNS".
4. DNS management would appear. Please scroll down to "Advanced Features" then select "Host names".
5. Within "Host Names" section, please click "ADD".
6. Under "Host" please name your future DNS. We do recommend ns1 or dns1 for primary and ns2 or dns2 for secondary. Enter ns1 to register first name server. Then under "IP Addresses" please enter IP we provided per step #1 above.
7. Please repeat same step for secondary (ns2 or dns2) name server: under "Host" add ns2 or dns2 then on the right enter IP address we provided for secondary DNS.
8. Click "Save" button.
9. Once you complete registration at Godaddy for Wild West Domains, please contact us again. We need to know your new private DNS so we can update WHM and local DNS records. After that, you'll be able to add new websites with your DNS, not ours.
Please note: private DNS registration and propagation normally takes 24-48 hours. Private DNS are supported in our ePRO, reseller, VPS and dedicated server packages.