Every 3 or so years we upgrade our DNS servers in order to increase capacity and improve uptime. Normally, we try to keep same IP but in most cases, it's not possible. If you received a note that DNS was upgraded, please update IP at domain registrar as soon as possible.
Please note that we never upgrade both DNS at the same time because this may create downtime for clients with private DNS. For example, our primary DNS was upgraded in 2017 and secondary in 2019.
How to update DNS IP at Godaddy or Wild West Domains:
1. Login to Godaddy or Wild West Domains. You can login with customer number or username. If you need any assistance with Godaddy login, please contact them directly: 1-480-463-8386. If you need any assistance with Wild West Domains account (Godaddy reseller account), please call: 1-480-624-2500
2. Under "My Products" please select domain name where you wish to register host records or DNS then click "MANAGE" button.
3. Domain settings would appear. Please scroll down to "Additional Settings" then click on "Manage DNS".
4. DNS management would appear. Please scroll down to "Advanced Features" then select "Host names".
5. List of all Host records would appear. Find host that you wish to modify then click on "Pencil". IP address info will open. Please replace old IP with new one provided per step #1 above.
6. Please don't forget to click "SAVE" button to apply changes.
Please note: private DNS propagation normally takes 24-48 hours. Private DNS are supported in our ePRO, reseller, VPS and dedicated server packages.