If you have cPanel based account elsewhere and wish to transfer it to WestNIC server, please follow these steps:
1. Login to old cPanel server with username and password.
2. Generate full cPanel backup via cPanel > Backup > under "Full Backup" please select "Download a Full Account Backup" then "Generate a Full Backup" in "Home directory".
Note: Please be patient, websites over 1 GB may take up to 1 hour to compress. You should put email address in "Email Address" for notification of backup completion.
3. Once you complete your site backup, please login to FTP or cPanel file manager then download .tar.gz file to your personal computer or MAC.
4. Upload .tar.gz file into root folder of your main account (our server). You can use any FTP program such is Filezilla or cPanel > File Manager > Upload (if you have more than 1 GB of data, please use FTP).
Note: Please do NOT re-create account within new cPanel! We'll re-create it automatically during restore.
5. Submit help desk ticket for account restore. We'll need the following:
- domain name you wish to restore
- location of full cPanel backup, you can say "it's located under my main reseller account, /home/username/newwebsite.tar.gz".
We usually restore websites within 24-72 hours.